Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Memory card for Sony NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Memory card for Sony NEX-7 Reply with quote

What is the memory card of choice right now for the NEX-7

The prices fluctuate a lot, any good deals out there right now? I'm a bit scared of buying from eBay, bought some batteries for my a900 and they looked ok but they were not authentic (I could feel the difference in weight).

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, let me be the first to answer this query. Any SD card will do. The higher class the better. The class relates to quite how fast the card can write data.

Of course buy a reputable brand ie. Sony Fuji, Sandisk, Transcend. I use a couple of Sony and some Sandisk Ultra ll. I get them from 7dayshop.co.uk, not sure if they sell abroad, although they've a shop on ebay too.

I always buy a spare battery off ebay, yes 3 weeks wait from China but way cheaper than an original. One several occasions the cell has a higher capacity than the original.

I use estores http://stores.ebay.co.uk/estores?_rdc=1 and big_is seems to be recommended on this forum for adapters.

Chinese sellers seem extremely keen to give good service. Naturally delivery times can take weeks rather than days. Read feedback comments carefully, most neg feedback is about delivery times - unfair as its outside their control. They'd rather give you your money back than get a bad rating.

I hope I've put your mind at rest. although I suspect you've already decided what to do since posting this question Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32gig class 10's are the sweet spot right now, I just bought a 2nd for my Nex-7. 1st was a Lexar(Pro?) 2nd is a Sandisk UltraII, the only brands I trust.