Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Should I sell ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Should I sell ? Reply with quote

Hi, all , I am Newbie in this mf forum, THE problem is, I do collect à lot of m42 lenses , but Some of THE Lenses even use an adapter Still can't turn THE aperture ring or use infinity , my gear is Sony A850 , Lenses have problem is , Mamiya sx 28mm f2.8 . 21mm f4 . 135mm f2.5 . And Fujinon 19mm f3.5 .
I would like to keep them originaly and not to shave their rear Side , any other method to use those Lens or just sell it ?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the mamiya 28 and shaved it.
When I did that, I was no aware of how good the lens was, since I found it for peanuts at a flea market and didn't know anything about that.
So I grinded it lightheartedly, and now is my fav 28.

Actually for the mamiya 21 and fujinon 19 it would be harder to decide, they can fetch some serious money (I'd love to try the mamiya 21).

I saw some people that digged slots in their adapters to let fujinons screw fully in: the slot should go about 180° around the adapter, but being the sony to m42 adapter so thin (around 1mm if i remember well), probably it won't work. For mamiya sx it would be even harder, being the exceeding part all around the lens back.
Also, if I remember well, the slot you need to dig will go through the little hole that locks the adapter in position, that can cause some problem.

What would I do: If you have access to the right kind of tools (a lathe, maybe?) and the ability to do that (or you know someone that can do that for you), try. Buy a bunch of cheap adapters, and try to figure out how to do that. If you fail, you can always sell them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only shave if you decide to keep them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are adapters available on eBay that can accomodate the extra pin on Fuji lenses. At least M42-EOS versions exist (I bought one recently). With Mamiya SX, the main headache may not be the pin itself but the outskirt of the aperture control ring.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get an adapter for each lens, and mod the adapter as much as required to get it to seat properly, then I would put a dab of loctite(blue or weaker) to keep it from coming loose.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually THE main problem is THE outskirt like aoleg said , THE aperture can't turn !
So I desire to sell it on eBay . For people who like to use it on manual gear .
Thanks again every one Here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between THE adapter I am using m42 to ma mount is by brand: Kindai. From Japan , it can block THE pin at THE back .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said there are adapters that push the pin inside the lens so that you can use the aperture.
I had a black Sony Alpha to M42 from BigIS (Ebay) with that function.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sing1970!

I understand the problem is the aperture ring on these lenses rub tight on the adapter -- cannot (easily) turn aperture ring when lens is mounted on adapter, right? I have some too. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mamiya SX 21mm SX F4 lens is an excellent optic. might as well grind off the ridge on the aperture ring and enjoy it on your sony slr.