Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina RMC 35-70mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Tokina RMC 35-70mm f4 Reply with quote

Does anyone have information on this lens? I bought one in non-working condition on the strength of the brand name. Now am having trouble locating information on my lens. Finding lots of information on other Tokina RMC lenses, ones which are close to this in focal length. But not on this lens in particular. And information on close lenses is not what I'm seeking.

If you actually own one of these I'd especially like to know what you think. Apparently, though, this is not a lens that is widely owned. That could be because it's no good. Or it could be that it's good, just not popular.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No responses on this one but I appreciate nevertheless all the reads. Wanted to post what little I know to help any other forum member who might stumble onto one of these lenses, however unlikely that might be:

As I wrote prior, I bought on strength of brand name. It seems I might have gone astray. Checking original sales prices, this lens approaches "el cheapo" status. And such a fixed aperture zoom as this appears not to be the best design when one wishes to maximize sharpness.

So my counsel to anyone locating one of these is to be more thoughtful than I was. If I ever can find time to repair my copy I'll know more. Until then, for others, it's possible there are better MF choices out there than this particular Tokina lens. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it, better than most old zooms but still not great, quite sharp but weak contrast and colours and some purple fringing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one, purple fringes at or near mfd.