Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Desmond friction tools - A comment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Desmond friction tools - A comment Reply with quote

My two Desmond friction tools arrived today, a 55mm and a 52mm. I like the tools. Working so far on two different lenses the Desmond tools got the job done quite satisfactorily. The tools appear to be well made and should offer long service if cared for properly.

A negative I found is that both these tools have only a 5mm reach. If your name ring is deeper than that, the tool will not reach down to it and will not be usable. For lenses having name rings deeper than 5mm a different tool choice is recommended. Here are the tools I bought:

Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by guardian on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Desmond friction tools - A comment Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
My two Desmond friction tools arrived today, a 55mm and a 52mm. I like the tools. Working so far on two different lenses the Desmond tools got the job done quite satisfactorily. The tools appear to be well made and should offer long service if cared for properly.

A negative I found is that both these tools have only a 5mm reach. If your name ring is deeper than that, the tool will not reach down to it and will not be usable. For lenses having name rings deeper than 5mm a different tool choice is recommended. Here are URLs for what I bought:

OK, the forum's "eBay function" does not seem to be working for me. I don't know why it is failing. Anyway, here are the "naked" URLs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/55mm-55-Silicone-Rubber-Lens-Repair-Tool-Filter-Wrench-Scratch-Free-NEW-/190624229568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6216e8c0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/52mm-52-Silicone-Rubber-Lens-Repair-Tool-Filter-Wrench-Scratch-Free-NEW-/360423826263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eaef2357

These are on eBay USA. Perhaps that's the problem?

Include the item number only and click the ebay button.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Desmond friction tools - A comment Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
guardian wrote:

A negative I found is that both these tools have only a 5mm reach. If your name ring is deeper than that, the tool will not reach down to it and will not be usable. For lenses having name rings deeper than 5mm a different tool choice is recommended. Here are URLs for what I bought:

OK, the forum's "eBay function" does not seem to be working for me. I don't know why it is failing. Anyway, here are the "naked" URLs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/55mm-55-Silicone-Rubber-Lens-Repair-Tool-Filter-Wrench-Scratch-Free-NEW-/190624229568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6216e8c0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/52mm-52-Silicone-Rubber-Lens-Repair-Tool-Filter-Wrench-Scratch-Free-NEW-/360423826263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eaef2357

These are on eBay USA. Perhaps that's the problem?

Include the item number only and click the ebay button.

OK, eBay item number only. Got it. That's where I went off the rails.

Thank you for the heads up and for your very kind assist!

I went back and edited my OP to put things right.