Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 14mm in Pentax Mount on Canon 6d?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Samyang 14mm in Pentax Mount on Canon 6d? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I got a Canon 6d, and I wanted to ask if it´s possible to use the Pentax k to Eos adapter to use this lens, or if I have to modify it for this?
Anybody got an idea on this?
If yes, thanks Very Happy
Cheers
Timo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be ok.
Personally, I would be more inclined buy a Nikon mount lens instead, unless you will also be using it with a Pentax DSLR.

A Nikon lens has a larger flange distance (46.5mm) than a Pentax K lens (45.46mm), so there will be more clearance for the adapter (Canon EF/EOS = 44mm), making it slightly easier to fit. If you fit other lenses to the adapter, there will be less lens/mirror clearance problems. The Nikon adapters are also a bit more common.

Make sure you get an adapter with the focus confirm chip, and with the adjustable front/back focus. (the Canon DSLR will "beep" when focus is confirmed, and the focus point LEDs will light in the viewfinder.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Pentax (a kx) before changing to Canon,
I´m just worried that my (already) owned Samyang will hit the mirror with the nasty aperture leaver :/
Are there any recomendable Pk to Eos adapters?
Cheers,
Timo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very careful! I use the Nikon fit version which is great, but I've had issues with k mount lenses on full frame before. However, the problem is usually quite obvious when attaching the lens, so you should be able to tell if it will be a problem early on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy for the answer.
Even by owning it one day, I already LOVE the high ISO of the Canon...In comperison to my Pentax it´s just amazing!
But I still love my pentax, too Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Räbenfluch wrote:
I was using Pentax (a kx) before changing to Canon,
I´m just worried that my (already) owned Samyang will hit the mirror with the nasty aperture leaver :/
Are there any recomendable Pk to Eos adapters?
Cheers,
Timo

Does the Samyang have an aperture lever? I thought they were all preset, without lever?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the pentaxone has one Smile
Sweet autoaperture!

Cheers