Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 300mm 4.5 AIS - dull weather!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 300mm 4.5 AIS - dull weather! Reply with quote

I've yet to test this lens in decent weather - every time I fit it the sky darkens - I'm convinced it's cursed. Anyway three shots out on the marshes by Faversham Creek:

Fence post wide open 400 ISO

Blue tit (Cropped) 400 ISO:

Boat - bright enough to stop down a stop or two at 640 ISO !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dull weather nobody can make better presentation.. nice captures ! I especially like little bird Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shot with the boat, appropriate contrast & bokeh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one very nice lens. And nicely handled Richard. The good weather is coming - middle of next month.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dull weather is ... perfect weather for black and white! I have this lens and it's a real favourite...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I find it an odd focal length - a bit too short for bird photography, and too long for most other stuff. It suffers a little too much from fringing in high contrast (and odd blueish green, rather than purple) for my liking but only in high contrast areas. Sharpness seems okay, but I've not really had the chance to try it at low ISO's and decently fast shutter speeds.

patrickh wrote:
That is one very nice lens. And nicely handled Richard. The good weather is coming - middle of next month.

patrickh

I don't about that - I heard there was something dodgy coming across from the Atlantic about then Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dodgy arrival is me.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh