Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Auto Wide-Angle 28mm F2.5 Ø62mm and 200mm F3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Vivitar Auto Wide-Angle 28mm F2.5 Ø62mm and 200mm F3.5 Reply with quote

Today I went to drop my Tamron SP 90 Macro lens for cleaning and servicing and on the way there just stopped at Henry's and got away with 2 lenses for 7.5$ each! Razz

I got this time:
1. Vivitar 28mm F2.5 AUTO WIDE-ANGLE Ø62MM No. 22412437 - Kiron
2. Vivitar 200mm F3.5 No. 28100555 AUTO TELEPHOTO - Komine (I think that this is also Ø62MM)

Both of them are with FD breech lock mount.
Vivitar 200mm has switch auto/manual and 28mm doesn't.

Does anyone here have practical experience with 28mm Ø62mm while all reviews or pictures are with Ø67mm or something else but not Ø62mm. Which one should be the best one except series 1.

Comments for the 200mm are also welcome but I find too many already and they are really not conclusive while too many different versions exist also some comments are negative and some positive. Not really helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slightly later version of that 200mm f3.5, still Komine made though and I believe the differences are just cosmetic, I like it a lot.

This was at f5.6.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant recall if it was the same one or not but I once had a vivitar 200mm F3.5 in M42 that was razor sharp good. I dont know why I sold it but I did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had vivitar 28mm f2.5 similar to yours but it wasnt as good as the superb takumar 28mm f3.5 smc lens I had at the time so I sold it. It was pretty good though from what I recall.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one sample picture taken with 28mm from an old family friend (my mother's age!) who was having funny face and just said "What!" and I could not resist and pull the trigger...

It is slightly miss-focused while I didn't have time to focus, but prior I focused on him while he got phone calls... I love manual lenses for those candid shoots!

Not bad in a fact. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am old enough to remember those lenses at their time... I was a teen ager, though Very Happy

None was stellar, but both honest performer; the 28 is rather wake in corner performance, as most of similar lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ø62mm and Ø67mm versions of 28mm F2.5 lenses are identical.