Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

disassemble minolta 80-200 - OK so far, now ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: disassemble minolta 80-200 - OK so far, now ? Reply with quote

I have been disassembling a minolta MD 75-200mm zoom to clean fungus.

The front elements were no problem. One ring to undo with a lens spanner, two elements separated by a spacer ring.
The rear elements are enclosed in a tube this whole tube unscrews with the lens spanner and the four elements can then be got at. The last one is glued in the end of the tube so I used a sensor swab to reach down in there.

But now! There is still fungus onthe middle group around the iris. To get at this I think I need to try to separate the barrel. Can anyone from prior experience suggest how to proceed?
PIC 1 shows bayonet end with tube mounted group removed

PIC 2 front end w objectives removed.

PIC 3 this is the lens

PIC 4 and this is the fungus!!!

(pics not showing???)
(tried uploading pic 1 to my website and altering the bbcode to that url - still not showing!!!)
(can a ?moderator check ?no pics - post previews fine)

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: disassemble minolta 80-200 - OK so far, now ? Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
I have been disassembling a minolta MD 75-200mm zoom to clean fungus.

The front elements were no problem. One ring to undo with a lens spanner, two elements separated by a spacer ring.
The rear elements are enclosed in a tube this whole tube unscrews with the lens spanner and the four elements can then be got at. The last one is glued in the end of the tube so I used a sensor swab to reach down in there.

But now! There is still fungus onthe middle group around the iris. To get at this I think I need to try to separate the barrel. Can anyone from prior experience suggest how to proceed?
PIC 1 shows bayonet end with tube mounted group removed

PIC 2 front end w objectives removed.

PIC 3 this is the lens

PIC 4 and this is the fungus!!!

(pics not showing???)
(tried uploading pic 1 to my website and altering the bbcode to that url - still not showing!!!)
(can a ?moderator check ?no pics - post previews fine)

Cheers

Reposted to get pictures, for first time posters pictures don't work.