Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eucharis / Amazon Lily: f=50mm Enlarger Lens Test (5+1)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Eucharis / Amazon Lily: f=50mm Enlarger Lens Test (5+1) Reply with quote

Here a few comparison shots under identical shooting conditions, Lumix camera, Xenon Studio flash. All shot at f11 setting, fullsize no cropping, identical processing.

0) Hamamatsu scientific lens 3.5/50mm (no enlarger lens, but very sharp - for reference)

1) Leitz Focotar-2 4.5/50mm

2) Nikon EL-Nikkor 2.8/50mm

3) Komura Komuranon-S 3.5/50mm

4) Agfa Magnolar 2.8/50mm

5) Noname enlarger lens (triplet) 4.5/50mm ($10)

gets quite obvious that lens transmissions must be quite different, as may be seen be the difference in exposure.

Comparison, left to right, top to bottom as shown before:

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!
Focotar-2 looks clearly best imho.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 followed by #4 for me.

I am impressed by how you kept the details and texture on the flower, without the white being blown out...which is just visible in some of the other images. Is it because of the lens or lens plus technique?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
#2 followed by #4 for me.

I am impressed by how you kept the details and texture on the flower, without the white being blown out...which is just visible in some of the other images. Is it because of the lens or lens plus technique?

Technique and a few years experience shooting flowers I guess ... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Cool I am learning...well trying when it comes to white flowers.....Your years of experience show.