Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For Mo: Some more examples with the Olympus 15mm f8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: For Mo: Some more examples with the Olympus 15mm f8 Reply with quote

As promised, some flower shots ... and some general others:

#1 Olives

#2 Turkish carnation

#3 Geranium, (watch the detail on the foreground leaves, burnt whites on the flowers)

#4 Magnoliae

#5 Necko (a dog called "cat" in japanese...)

#6 Trailer

#7 My sister's in law ceramics workshop

#8 Bursera Graveolens (Palosanto)

#9 "Madroño" (Strawberry tree)

#10 Back yard

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you think it handled these shots?

I think for the price it works very well...it seems sharp enough when I click on your images.How close is its shortest focusing distance? I do like #3 and #5 that is my sense of humour calling a dog a "cat" in another language.. Laughing It looked like a windy day?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some visible vignetting unless that was done intentionally in post....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slow and "all sharp" lens - certainly good for quick snaps and walk around like with a digicam but for serious composed photographic work I would doubt a bit its usefulness.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
How do you think it handled these shots?

I think for the price it works very well...it seems sharp enough when I click on your images.How close is its shortest focusing distance? I do like #3 and #5 that is my sense of humour calling a dog a "cat" in another language.. Laughing It looked like a windy day?

It was a difficult day, dull and gray. To me the results are good being a cheap lens, better on closeups and fine for street shots. Shortest focusing distance is around 30~35cm.

hifisapi wrote:
I see some visible vignetting unless that was done intentionally in post....

No, I didn't add any, it's fresh vignetting from the lens itself Wink

kds315* wrote:
A slow and "all sharp" lens - certainly good for quick snaps and walk around like with a digicam but for serious composed photographic work I would doubt a bit its usefulness.

Agree, but for the size, and the price/performance ratio is nice to have. (59€ brand new from the Olympus site).

Thanks to everybody for commenting.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 59€ I would also buy it, but I have to get a m4:3 first

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting idea, but it doesn't look very sharp to me, sadly. Perhaps in better light it will impress more?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos. For me the Panasonic 14mm f2.5 looks like a better buy (for ~2x times the price), but it's nice to see Olympus try something different.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under strong sunny light results are slightly better. I won't recommend it as the only wide to have, but for casual shooting, it turns my GF1 body into a compact cam. Setting it to the hyperfocal stop and wildly shooting is the way to use it.

Regards.
Jes.