Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tripod suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Tripod suggestion Reply with quote

I recently sold my tripod and I am looking for a replacement.

I was wondering if you could suggest me some options, budget is around 200 GBP (w/o head, but if it includes a head even better!!). Maximum weight to hold could be my praktisix plus Sonnar 300 f4 or my 5D with the same lens.

Portability is important not much in terms of weight but in length as I usually carry the tripod next to my backpack and the cabin luggage allowance is about 55 cm more or less.

I've been looking at two possibilities (both manfrotto) the 055cxpro4 and the 190cxpro4 but around 200 GBP or less. What do you think? Gitzo tripods are insanely expensive as far as I've seen in their UK web page.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have either of the two models mentioned but I have been using Manfrotto tripods and monopods for over 20 years and they are well made, sturdy and excellent value for money imho.