Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Computar f1.4 4mm on Pentax Q7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject: Computar f1.4 4mm on Pentax Q7 Reply with quote

Found this unusual little c-mount lens on my shelf I never knew I had. Turns out it's a rather fun little thing to play with.

It's the equivalent of an 18mm lens on full frame so pretty wide. Wide open at f1.4 it's awful, soft everywhere with low contrast and smeary edges. However, close it down 2-3 stops and it becomes perfectly usable, albeit never razor sharp. There is some barrel distortion but easy to correct, it also has quite a lot of CA but again, easy to remove it. It has three aperture blades so the flares are triangular.

BTW, if you're the sort of extremely boring person who obsesses about corner performance, don't bother to look at these images as the corners are pretty poor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results👍. This must be a very compact combination. My favorites are #14 en #16.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. Yes, it is pretty compact, I'll take a picture of the lens & camera to show you.

It's fixed focus, but the depth of field is immense.