Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica III film advance hangs up
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Konica III film advance hangs up Reply with quote

I bought my Konica III new fifty or more years ago. It's still in pristine shape. But from an early time there was an issue with the film advance. The Konica III film advance is at the front of the camera. You depress an activator there twice in order fully to advance the film. What happens on mine is that the mechanism sometimes hangs up. It catches. This is more likely to occur when the activator is depressed hard (i.e., rapidly) in an effort to advance the film more quickly.

Is this a common, or routine, problem with the Konica III? Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts or ideas would be of interest.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually two copies Konica IIIA and IIIM , I sold a III and bought one to my friend a IIIM none of them did hang up, I think your camera require help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have actually two copies Konica IIIA and IIIM , I sold a III and bought one to my friend a IIIM none of them did hang up, I think your camera require help.

Thank you, Attila. I think you might be correct. Also, if the IIIA and the IIIM are newer models as I believe could be the case, it is possible whatever weakness that existed in the III film advance mechanism might have been put right in those successor models.

My camera still can be used. It works as is. But you must be careful when advancing the film else: trouble.

I've never sought to fix my camera because:

*I lack the needed skill and experience and

*the problem does not manifest itself reliably or repeatably . . . it is intermittent

That's why I was wondering if others had encountered this issue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look a repair main in your country or if you not find any, I can give you my repair man contact or I will help to you I bring it to my repair man and send camera back to you. Camera repair not a DIY job for sure.