Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 2C review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Zorki 2C review Reply with quote

My first met with a bottom loading camera was a Leica II or III. I didn't like it much, due inconvenience loading had to cut film strip to right shape. Labor work was pretty crap too on cheap color film it was a disappointment. I never bought again any more bottom loading camera. I bought this Zorki 2C due I would like to have the lens from camera. Okay I take a tour with camera because I was curious. Even bottom loading , loading was easy didn't have to cut film to right shape. Double viewer one with magnifier + RF and one simple viewer is great I like it easy and pleasant to use it.
I found one problem only how can I measure shutter speed I can't put light sensor to camera body to the right place. So I did make many test shoots with different settings to find actual speeds. Usually I reverse back film immediately when rolls is finished. I forgot it and I did open camera at home on room light. I though roll is gone ... thanks for bottom loading and small roll holder most frames did survive my silly action. Overall I like this camera very much ,this is my new favorite one.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted to to try one of these. I'm looking foward to seeing the pictures you took. Let me know how you like it after you've used it a while.
What year did you get? The first 2 digits of the serial numbers is the year.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do, mine made in 1956.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see a pic of the camera, too.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few rolls still my favorite Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You prefer this Zorki over Kiev 4?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorki , very small light weight and beautiful.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for digging out this old(er) topic , but I have a question :

Attila , how do you compare the viewfinder of the 2C vs the Kiev's one?
I have a bit of nostalgic attachement on this 2C , because it was the camera of my father ( lost now ,unfortunately) .The small size is another plus that I like.I saw a pic somewhere and it surprised me ,it's a bit smaller than the Fed 2 (wich is smaller than a Z 4 , if I remember well)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size is smaller, viewfinder is nicer than KIEV, RF too due separate magnified window.