Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More snowdrops
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: More snowdrops Reply with quote

Coincidentally Cosmin and I both seem to have spent the weekend photographing snowdrops. I really struggled with getting decent exposure giving a brightness to the petals and retaining detail, something Cosmin seems to have managed expertly. Anyway here are the best two of my attempts - both micro-nikkor 105/f4:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. I like them both but especially the second one. I made my pictures the same moment as these http://forum.mflenses.com/another-kind-of-sunset-t5529.html and may be because of that I succeeded somehow to create a little bigger contrast between the flower itself and the backgound.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Congrats. I like them both but especially the second one. I made my pictures the same moment as these http://forum.mflenses.com/another-kind-of-sunset-t5529.html and may be because of that I succeeded somehow to create a little bigger contrast between the flower itself and the backgound.

Thanks - I think good lighting is the answer!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget those widdle snowdrops like to poke their heads into the sunshine. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An appreciated gallery from where spring is flexing its muscles Smile

Love the second shot - turned out great.
I'd even call it a flower candid.

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 is excellent - really like it a lot.