Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina RMC 80-200mm F/4 MD to EOS Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Tokina RMC 80-200mm F/4 MD to EOS Mount Reply with quote

Hello!

I have recieved my Tokina RMC 80-200 F/4 lens today. It seems that most users of this lens can focus pretty well in the whole focal range. Right after the firts attempts on my Canon body, I realized that it has serious focus issues.

It can focus to closer objects only. I use it on a Canon T2i/550D body, with an MD/MC EOS adapter ring (which is 7mm thick measured from the body to the lens, very usual one from Ebay).

I took the back element closer to the body, to balance the focal length. It is a bit better now, but I can use the lens only with unscrewed frontal part, letting the front moving free. If I use it unscrewed, the lens can focus on the infinity, but not at the total focal range.

Did you do anything for proper focusing on your lens? Do you think that this issue can be fixed at all in DIY method on my EOS body?