Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 28mm f2.8, 135mm f2.8, 38-90mm f3.5: 3 Days Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Komura 28mm f2.8, 135mm f2.8, 38-90mm f3.5: 3 Days Only Reply with quote

Komura Komuranon 135mm f2.8 for Nikon F mount (interchangeable mount) - Click here to see on Ebay
Komura Komuranon 28mm f2.8 for Nikon F mount (interchangeable mount) - Click here to see on Ebay
Komura Komuranon 389 38-90mm f3.5 close focus (no mount) - Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these look interesteing, and komura obviously a good name. i am unfamiliar with this particular 'interchangeable mount system'. the only such system i know of is the adaptall system, whose adapters are plentiful and easily available. do you know anything about this system in comparison?
thanks
tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your interest! Yes, indeed, the Komuranon interchangeable mount system is not very well known. Komura used to produce Komuranon interchangeable mounts for most of the popular camera systems at that time. It is a bit more complex than the Tamron adaptall-2 system in the sense that it not only includes the mount but also the aperture ring. So the correct "interchangeable mount unit" will be the right combination of the actual mount and the max aperture used on the lens. In example, with the lenses I am selling, the mount is Nikon F-mount and the max aperture f2.8 (refers to the 28mm f2.8 and 135mm f2.8 lenses). There is another lens I am selling without mount (38-90mm f3.5). Now you can use the same mount with this one as well, but ideally you want to get a Nikon F mount with max aperture f3.5 because this is what the max aperture of this zoom lens is. (note this doesn't work in all the cases like this. For this lens I tested it, with other lenses your luck may vary).

This Komuranon interchangeable mount system went through slight changes. The lenses that I am selling are of the later (and best) stage, where it is easy to change the mounts. You can spot this by the small handles that show up on both sides just above the aperture ring. By turning these handles clockwise (when the mount is facing your body) you can disengage the mount unit without using any tools.

A Komuranon interchangeable mount looks like this:
There is currently one auction on ebay - I do not know the seller:
Click here to see on Ebay
Note, this one in example states for Canon FD and f4.5, so this lens can be used on the Komuranon 300mm f4.5 prime, Komuranon 821 80-210mm f4.5 and Komuranon 715 70-150mm f4.5 zoom lenses.

Best regards,
Diddy

Last edited by diddy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, very interesting. are these mounts easily available or hard to find? i imagine because theyre keyed to individual lenses theyre not so plentiful...
tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would say they are quite difficult to find. I usually ended up buying a lens just to get a certain mount.
But the thing is, if you stick to one series and certain lenses, it is not such a problem, in example the last series:
Komuranon 28mm, 35mm, 100mm and 135mm all share the same max aperture of f2.5

The same applies to the series released before that:
Komuranon 28mm, 35mm, 100mm and 135mm all share the same max aperture of f2.8

So at least with these 4 lenses you can use one mount.

I posted some more details here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/komura-komuranon-interchangeable-mount-system-the-details-t54888.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, very interesting.

I'm bidding on the 28mm + 135mm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Please let me know in case you have any questions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man, appreciate it. good luck with your sales!
tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome! Thanks!