Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Charity shop clearout.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Charity shop clearout. Reply with quote

One of the charity shops I do a bit of camera cleaning etc for is running out of storage space, and these cameras will more than likely go in the bin very shortly.
It's a collection of old film point and shoot compacts, some are auto focus - some fixed focus. Some good, some deserve to go in the bin. There's 2 nice Canon Ixus, but they are APS film. There's a few very old digitals, none with leads or chargers etc. And three flash guns.
I've fired the flash guns, checked all the cameras for leaking batteries and already binned the junk, these remaining all look good but are untested.
The big problem is, they are worth very little and postage would probably be about £5

I've put pictures on Photobucket, the password is 'charity' - http://s74.beta.photobucket.com/user/mudplugga/library/Charity%20shop%20cameras

Canon Z135 38-135 ZOOM auto focus
Minolta Riva Zoom 150. 37-150 ZOOM auto focus
Pentax PC-33. 30mm fixed focus lens
Olympus AM-100 35mm fixed focus lens
Polaroid 3000AF 35mm lens auto focus - pano
Canon Sureshot Ace 35mm lens fixed focus
Pentax Espio 738 38-70 mm auto focus zoom
Konica A4 35mm lens Auto focus - ( I will probably buy this one myself ? )
Olympus AF-10 XB 29mm lens auto focus and focus lock
Canon Ixus APS FILM 24-48 mm zoom
Canon Ixis APS FILM 23-69 mm zoom

Canon Powershot S40 Digital 4mp - no charger or card
Olympus Camedia C740 Digital 3.2mp takes 4xAA batteries - with card
Fuji Finepix 2300 Digital 2.1mp takes 4xAA batteries - 3 cards
Olympus Camedia C-150 Digital 2mp takes 2xAA batteries - 1 card
Vivitar Vivicam 3750 Digital 3mp takes 2xAA - no card

Prinz Jupiter 677TCB Flash - Single contact non dedicated. Fires on test button
Miranda 700CD Multi dediated - 6 contacts. Fires on test button
Achiever TZ250 - Identical in appearance to the Miranda. Fires on test button

I don't hold out much hope of generating a lot of money for the local Hospice charity shop with this stuff, the reality is they are just about worthless and the postage would make them completely worthless. The best of them is the digital Powershot S40 which is a nice camera, a battery is in the camera but it's flat and might be useless - a battery and charger on ebay can be found for about £15.
If you need one for your collection or to make your life complete , let me know before they get recycled sometime next week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you take that A4, it's superb.

Pentax PC-33 might be interesting with a 30mm prime, depends if it's a good lens or not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Charity shop clearout. Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

What do ask for those two? They might be some cams for my kids.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Charity shop clearout. Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Carsten, I will stick some batteries in them todayand try them properly then send you a PM. They will be cheap though. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know what you're hoping to get for the S40: I don't need it but you might squeeze an impulse out of me, especially if it's going to charity Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
Please let me know what you're hoping to get for the S40: I don't need it but you might squeeze an impulse out of me, especially if it's going to charity Laughing

PM sent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Charity shop clearout. Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Both cameras tested and working, I'll check weights and postage cost.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David if you not willing to take A4 I do, please let me know how can I pay and how much?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
David if you not willing to take A4 I do, please let me know how can I pay and how much?

I will Atilla, but I'll certainly try it before I decide.