Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 35-80mm Adaptall-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 35-80mm Adaptall-2 Reply with quote

On my D3100 i find this a sharp lens when doing careful macro work. I just hope i can upgrade my camera someday to get metering on this and see how it does in A mode in daily shooting, (i believe on a d7000 this is possible?), lens itself has some slight play with the barrel itself (probably took a beating), my father bought it used cheap back in 85' for his OM-4, it moves about a centimeter or so between the focusing and the zoom ring if let to creep, but for macro work, i havent seen it affecting image quality. Subject is a faulty Zippo lighter Very Happy

Edit: Very sorry but for some reason the link i try to post is not working correctly, i can view it well in preview but when posted i cannot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ronsonol
You cannot show pictures in your first post - you should be OK from now on. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 35-80mm Adaptall-2 Reply with quote

ronsonol wrote:
On my D3100 i find this a sharp lens when doing careful macro work. I just hope i can upgrade my camera someday to get metering on this and see how it does in A mode in daily shooting, (i believe on a d7000 this is possible?), lens itself has some slight play with the barrel itself (probably took a beating), my father bought it used cheap back in 85' for his OM-4, it moves about a centimeter or so between the focusing and the zoom ring if let to creep, but for macro work, i havent seen it affecting image quality. Subject is a faulty Zippo lighter Very Happy

Edit: Very sorry but for some reason the link i try to post is not working correctly, i can view it well in preview but when posted i cannot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 35-80mm Adaptall-2 Reply with quote

Welcome to the group!!

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you BurstMox, im very sorry for it not showing the thumbnail, was a bit of an hassle to post, i understand first posters not getting through due to probable issues it can cause.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I did remove your big linked picture and upload again with built in image upload, please use it next time rather than link from external sources.

Reason is if you use similar solutions like image push server, your images will be gone several month later and your topic will be broken , point less. Large image size also not comfortable to many readers , need to scroll up and down left and right annoying.

We have one dedicated place to show over-sized images that is Oversize Gallery, everywhere else must link max 1024 px wide images.
If you use built-in image upload server will re-size it first to 1024px wide and link genuine non-touched picture on re-sized one.

With this we serve both purpose well easy reading and look details if need.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!

I did remove your big linked picture and upload again with built in image upload, please use it next time rather than link from external sources.

Reason is if you use similar solutions like image push server, your images will be gone several month later and your topic will be broken , point less. Large image size also not comfortable to many readers , need to scroll up and down left and right annoying.

We have one dedicated place to show over-sized images that is Oversize Gallery, everywhere else must link max 1024 px wide images.
If you use built-in image upload server will re-size it first to 1024px wide and link genuine non-touched picture on re-sized one.

With this we serve both purpose well easy reading and look details if need.

Very well, thank you for the info.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome! Lens is one of the best old zoom especially if we look price/performance ratio, plus how easy to use on many different systems. Congrats to your new gem! I did really love it once I had.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Smile Good shot of the lighter. Image uploading is not the easiest here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right about uploading pics,there must be an easier way and I do not have the patience to fool around with current method.