Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Images from WWII my step grandfathers service
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Images from WWII my step grandfathers service Reply with quote

Well my Grandfather was killed in WWII flying for SOE in Bomber command, but after the war his widow married later on and my Step Grandfather who i had the privilege of knowing also served as a paramedic in the Red cross, in all the time i knew him, he never once spoke about the war nor did he ever show us his pictures.
So recently my mother allowed me to take a copy of the album of war photos that he had, so decided to make some copy's and share them with you all,
It looks like he saw a fair bit of action from he shots

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by eddieitman on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful history... gets me thinking about the massive waste of life and energy and material a war is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Wonderful history... gets me thinking about the massive waste of life and energy and material a war is.

+1, especially so close to Nov 11.