Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Self-Portrait of a Focus Stacker
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Self-Portrait of a Focus Stacker Reply with quote

Photo taken today with the Nikon D800E, Leica 60mm Macro Elmarit R, and Zerene Stacker.

Just a proof-of-concept shot that came to me as something fun to try. Perhaps I will do it more rigorously another day.

Thought it was fun.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Michael!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Great idea Michael!

+1 impressive dof

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, i like your idea and the result very much, but are you shure this shown "Elpro" is the right one for your Elmarit ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas:

Not sure what you are referring to. This photo was take with the Emarit-R Leica 60mm macro with NO Elpro extension.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, i was referring to the magnifying glass as part of your stillife to get your portrait in - i was just joking because in front of Leica lenses were normally Elpro´s screwed in and i know from your pictures in NG that you are a "super precise workflow and gear" person.
This - non serious - part of the answer should not reduce my appreciation of your idea and the execution of it - really good and worthwhile to follow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it. Actually the Leica APO 60mm Macro does have an official extension, one without glass, about 30mm, that brings the lens to 1:1 reproduction ratio. I thought you were referring to that.

Yes, the magnifying glass is my tribute to MC Escher.