Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

continuing journey: gxr + nikon 35/2.5 and cv heliar 75/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: continuing journey: gxr + nikon 35/2.5 and cv heliar 75/2.5 Reply with quote

continuing to love my gxr m mount. while the weather has been mostly miserable, limiting what i can shoot, ive had a couple of days around my property with the tiny tiny nikon 35/2.5 and the lovely cv heliar 75/2.5. really great lenses with different character. 3 pix each. c&c welcome and encouraged!
tony

nikon

heliar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,
Thanks for such nice samples. It seems I'm closely following your path: after the X100 I've just gotten a GXR body with the 24-70 S10 module and watching for the M-mount one. Your samples tell me I'm not going into the wrong direction Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. The last Nikon sample looks very good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like much more the samples with the Nikon, #3 is also my fav of the series, lovely landscape.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tony ,enjoy your toys !Very film like background in the first Heliar shot . Why is it so ? I do like it .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Tony.
#3 is razor sharp!
The dog is a bit over exp.

never try this module myself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is my fav. Perfect sharp and nice composition for me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all so much!

jes: i didnt know you were considering a move to RF lenses. ive been really happy moving from slr to RF. i do miss a couple of lenses like the planar 85 and biometar 120, but i dont at all miss their girth! having said that ive decided to go after three exakta lenses: angenieux 28/3.5, biotar 58/2 and biotar 75/1.5. i'm thinking i can either use them on my gxr (and on film with my metered konica AR camera w adapter) or i might buy a used xpro1 as the prices are really coming down...if theres any way i can help in your switchover, please feel free to PM me with any questions. ive tried a lot of lenses and combos etc and am always happy to discuss.

yebisu, pich and pepes: it seems the 3rd nikon shot is the winner, though to me, the last photo of my dog with the heliar is one of the best photos ive ever taken. the nikon is very sharp and has nice character. its an old, extremely tiny lens--you could probably swallow it, if you were so inclined! Laughing

ying: yes, i agree, the heliar produces film like results when shot wide open. i think all three have film like quality, and all three were shot open. i think its the bokeh, which is just smooth and lovely. this is truly a great compact lens. having also the compact leica 90/4 ive decided to sell this heliar for a much faster 75--the biotar 75/1.5.

hoan: thanks. the nikon is sharp for an old lens. the M module is fabulous, but really only if you have a nice collection of m39 or M mount lenses. thats where it really shines because it has no AA filter and the proper microlens setup to bring out the individual character of these lenses.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one lens in M mount, and none m39 Very Happy
No fund for these lenses as they used to be far more expensive than I can buy.
Also I am hesitate to start a new line of lenses. Things used to go beyond what I have control over Very Happy