Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50 shades of brown - late fall pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: 50 shades of brown - late fall pics Reply with quote

Well the leaves are down, but that's no reason to put the camera away.

The weather has been unnaturally warm the last couple of days and today I got to get out and enjoy it.

1) Helios 44 at f/8 or so

2) Did you spot this guy in the above pic? 100% crop

3) The water colour came out oddly, the brownish cast is reflecting the foliage and the bright blue is from the sky. I don't have an ND filter but I do have a 52mm polarizing filter, which is why I chose the Helios today.

4) As above but more so. Can't decide if I like it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 is very nice, how long the exposure time ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is awesome!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of the two moving water photos, especially the latter. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepes wrote:
#4 is very nice, how long the exposure time ?

Thanks. 1/2 second exposure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the water as well

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the abstracts thread, I revisited today's moving water shots and decided this one is also a keeper.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I should mention where I took these, a local volunteer-maintained hiking trail - http://dobsontrail.com/

These were taken a bit over 2 km from the trail entrance, that's far enough into the woods that you don't get as many soccer moms and their dogs in your shot Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one has a great atmosphere but my fav is also the pict # 3, great colors and the rendering from the water is very pleasant!