Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit 3+ Zenit 3M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Zenit 3+ Zenit 3M Reply with quote

Two of my favourite cameras

Zenit 3 (1961) with Helios 44 (1961)

Zenit 3M (1966). Only had it a few weeks. Cost me £9! It's immaculate. Carefully cleaned the exterior with auto scratch remover, the camera hasn't a scratch on it but this remover shifts dirt superbly. ( Had previously tried this remover on an old, badly pitted and weathered camera).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Zenit 3+ Zenit 3M Reply with quote

Very nice cameras. Both variations are very collectable. Nice find and superb job cleaning them Smile. I also love early model Zenit cameras mainly for 2 reasons:
1. They are nice and compact.
2. I love the way the mirror system works - when ever you wind the film you also drag a small rope attached to the mirror which pulls it down. This is totally unique and I do not think that there are other cameras that have this system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Drack,

Yes, the only cameras in the world with a yak hair pulley . Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both gorgeous... if you like the more buxom one on the right, I'll date the smooth dancer on the left. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these 2 cameras, but unfortunately, my 3M has a problem with the film wind, so it's just an ornament these days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collector pieces indeed congrats! I was impressed by lens, camera was too basic to me.