Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A good day at the camera show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: A good day at the camera show Reply with quote

I was helpless.

a very good camera show by Nesster, on Flickr

Unpacking some of these...

Zeiss Ikon Stuttgart GR 2x 40,5mm filter by Nesster, on Flickr

Sandmar Zoom-Vue 35-135 by Nesster, on Flickr

Sandmar Zoom-Vue 35-135 by Nesster, on Flickr

K W - Patent Etui Kamera / Radionar 6.3 - by Nesster, on Flickr

The Patent Etui takes a Rollex back, one of which just happens to be on the first camera I bought, a Contessa-Nettel...

The Contessa and its Rollex back are in pretty ugly shape externally, however everything seems to work.

A take-up cartridge for the Kiev / Contax

A Kiev 35A, my brother in law likes these miniatures so this becomes a holiday present...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set with the Patent Etui. That with the original box and film holders is a huge find.
I have a few of these, none as nice as yours though.
You are lucky to have a Rollex back that fits. Not all of them do. I have Rollex and Suydam backs that have rails too thick for the Etui, and a Rada thats just a bit tight.

The 35-135 Sandmar zoom viewfinder is another coup. These aren't common I think. They were made for Argus but I think in smaller numbers than the other viewfinders also supplied. I want to say this one may have been made for Geiss actually, as I don't think Argus itself ever marketed a 135mm for any of its C3's and C4's, while Geiss did have a rare one for its modified C4.

In any case, this is the first Enna-Argus finder of this sort I have seen. Thank you.
Oh wait, you are showing the back and side of this finder. I HAVE seen the front of it elsewhere. Yes, its the one made for Geiss.
Regardless, thanks, and it is a find.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fascinating!
Can you use them with 120 film?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Rollex, Rada or Suydam backs allow the use of 120 film.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, good harvest!

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm pretty excited. And thank you for the info on the Sandmar... That is interesting.

The funny thing was, I came to the show with the intent to get the Contessa - last time I'd bought the National Graflex from the guy - and as I was about to leave I spied the blue KW box, and then debated whether to spend some more cash. The fact that I'd just bought a Rollex back sealed the deal for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 has interesting aperture values.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jussi , how/when/where/by who are these shows organised ?
PS. Should I congratulate you for not resisting your GAS ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.showsandexpos.com/cswayne.htm

Sometimes these are better than others. Unfortunately photography at the show is prohibited so I can't show what goes on there...

There are some expensive dealers, and a lot of junk for cheap dealers - many are well known used camera dealers. My favorites are those who use their cameras, price their wares reasonably, and have some unique bargains...

Over the years I've got some nice bargains - this time the Kiev spy camera was $5, as was the Zeiss Ikon filter. The viewfinder cost me $20. I paid $10 for the Komura 135/2.3... $10 for the Retina IIa...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
#5 has interesting aperture values.

Ha! now that I'm actually going to try this camera out, I'm mystified. Seems like someone had a faster lens in the shutter at some point and did an amateur engraving job for the apertures. Seems silly - and inaccurate - to have an aperture scale going to f/2 for a f/6.8 lens Smile I bet if I took the aperture plate off it will have the original values on the other side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome haul.

I've got that sandmar sitting around here somewhere too! Thanks for that info as well.