Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Retinette Ia Camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Kodak Retinette Ia Camera Reply with quote

Very pretty camera with incredibly good Reomar 2.8 45mm lens from Schneider. I believe it is one of lanthanum triplet lenses. There are test pictures which I took to explore the lens possibilities. The film was FUJICOLOR SUPERIA 100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed excellent, I hear first time this lens , thanks! Can you include a picture from camera itself, to inform people better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ICan you include a picture from camera itself, to inform people better.

Attila wrote:
I hear first time this lens.

I bought it only because it was very chip (something around $12), and very pretty in the perfect condition (completely like on the above picture). However later I discovered, that it is not only very beautiful toy, but also the perfect picture taker.

For example, there is the open (2.8 ) lens:

Not so bad for the triplet lens, isn’t it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong triplet are myth , usually come from wrong set of camera or low quality maker, I did try numerous triplet all was good as more element lenses if they did come from famous makers like yours. One of my best triplet experience is Novar from Carl Zeiss in Ikonta M folder. I see no difference vs Zeiss Tessars.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
W low quality maker, .

Surprisingly, to make the good tessar is much easier then the good triplet. So, the good triplet needs really the very competent producer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, the Reomar is a good lens, as is the Radionar it replaced. I think the Reomar is, as you say with Lanthanum, like Voigtlander and Kodak, after ww2 Schneider redesigned their triplets to use the new lanthanum glasses.

I agree with Attila, there are plenty of good triplets, I have excellent Schneider Radionar, Voigtlander Voigtar Zeiss Ikon Novar and Meyer Trioplan equipped cameras. I think the crappy triplets are the ones from the cheap makers like Staeble-Kata, Roeschlein Kreuznach, Enna etc.