Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

presentation to the community
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: presentation to the community Reply with quote

ciao everybody!

my name is Ettore, I am from Italy. I read your beautiful forum from a lot of time, now I decided to partecipate and I got an account.
Small presentation about my photography:
for money: weddings, calendars, industrials, portraits
for pleasure: streets, sports, portraits

I started to shoot when I was 13teen (now I am 41 Smile ) when my granmother gave me my first camera: viewfinder Zorki with 50mm. From these times I used many brands, MF and AF, digital and analogical.. nikon, canon, fuji oly etc etc
Well, I think that digital and photoshop and monitors etc etc etc created a trend that is out of control becoming day by day more and more like a "caricature".. it is enough to see the last led tv Smile
It is a phase that I think to take a back way to the past, when pictures didn't look "electronic". It is a phase to forget extreme microcontrast, exreme dinamic range, dragan and all these things that are destroying what I intend about photography.
I want to see pictures on paper, I want natural noise I want unperfect shoots.After to be arrived to the extreme digital era (yes I used hdr, photoshop plugins etc) I waked up from a nightmare, now I fight against blu-ray films, mp3 etc etc etc.. when I eat a strawberry its taste must not look like a potato..

nex 5 elmarit 35 2.8 in camera bw

ciao ciao

Last edited by HC on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: presentation to the community Reply with quote

HC wrote:
ciao everybody!

my name is Ettore, I am from Italy. I read your beautiful forum from a lot of time, now I decided to partecipate and I got an account.
Small presentation about my photography:
for money: weddings, calendars, industrials, portraits
for pleasure: streets, sports, portraits

I started to shoot when I was 13teen (now I am 41 Smile ) when my granmother gave me my first camera: viewfinder Zorki with 50mm. From these times I used many brands, MF and AF, digital and analogical.. nikon, canon, fuji oly etc etc
Well, I think that digital and photoshop and monitors etc etc etc created a trend that is out of control becoming day by day more and more like a "caricature".. it is enough to see the last led tv Smile
It is a phase that I think to take a back way to the past, when pictures didn't look "electronic". It is a phase to forget extreme microcontrast, exreme dinamic range, dragan and all these things that are destroying what I intend about photography.
I want to see pictures on paper, I want natural noise I want unperfect shoots.After to be arrived to the extreme digital era (yes I used hdr, photoshop plugins etc) I waked up from a nightmare, now I fight against blu-ray films, mp3 etc etc etc.. when I eat a strawberry its taste must not look like a potato..

nex 5 elmarit 35 2.8 in camera bw

ciao ciao

Ciao Ettore.
Welcome on board.
I quoted your message because images won't show in your first post as an anti-spam measure.
Enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks... ! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ettore, I agree very much that we have been driven into regarding the technical quality of an image as more important than the image itself. If there's grain, or some noise, who cares if the image itself is good?
I like your picture very much as well. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Welcome Ettore, I agree very much that we have been driven into regarding the technical quality of an image as more important than the image itself. If there's grain, or some noise, who cares if the image itself is good?

there is technical quality and there is technical quality, one is quality of the way the photo is taken, honoring established photography techniques, other is quality of digital process of the taking photos. many get caught up in the latter, counting pixels instead of focusing on the content of the photo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciao Ettore !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ettore. That's a good picture introduction.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Thank you for join to us!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ettore. You are going to fit right in, and you will discover a lot of friends here with very similar views

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

there is technical quality and there is technical quality, one is quality of the way the photo is taken, honoring established photography techniques, other is quality of digital process of the taking photos. many get caught up in the latter, counting pixels instead of focusing on the content of the photo.

Absolutely right. I'm looking to buy another DSLR to replace my Pentax K10 and I'm looking at three different choices of brand new cameras, so I've been looking on various fanboy web sites to help me make my choice. I'm now 100% confused, and the confusion is solely down to pixel peepers who post comparisons of a particular Canon to a Pentax, then someone throws a Nikon and an Olympus into the pot, they talk about percentages of this that and other, the AF is a split second faster.......it turns into verbal mush. These people are far more interested in bragging about the superior performance of the camera they choose - which makes them 'right' - than ever taking a technically good image.
Sadly, the death of the camera shop where you could go and try the damn thing and then make your choice is largely gone, and we're left with the internet where everyone is a bloody expert!

Like Ettore, I'm finding that I no longer feel the need to be constrained by the perceived demands of perfection, mainly created by the 'internet experts' that hog so many photography forums. ( this forum isn't one of them, thankfully ) I want to make images that convey to others what I saw, and not what any super expensive and cutting edge kit I might have is capable of, which is just bragging about kit.
It's great to have nice lenses, I love to see the spectacular results that good photographers obtain with good glass and cameras, and I do appreciate that good kit can make any image better, but if it's crap to start with - aesthetically - then a Leica won't save a crap image from a Helios.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Ettore !

I completely agree about too many people today worrying too much about technical performance, and forgetting about the artistic and personal aspects of photography.

For me photography is much more an art than a technical discipline, although there is nothing wrong with enjoying technical quality as well as the process itself...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ettore!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More General Welcomes!

The right attitude you do have (like others here) Razz Despite how we all at times get a little excited over some glass-xotica, but don't let that put you off Razz

Lovely Shot. I'm missing my parents now.... I'm going to call them