Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM 10 problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: OM 10 problem Reply with quote

Hey guys, I received my OM10 last week, and I was very sad when I saw that I can't use ASA values above 100, because the mirror will stuck and camera would not make operations completely. And I figured out why... It's the ASA dialer wipers that are a problem.
Does anyone know where can I buy spare wipers to replace mine? Or if anyone of you guys have them I will buy them at reasonable price.

Thx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably buy a broken OM10 body on eBay for very little.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film camera body-only items sell for peanuts on ebay. As the Zuiko 50/1.8 lens is prone to sticky aperture blades as they age, people are buying complete cameras to get a working lens and then selling the bodies cheap.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need one for spares there are 5 om10 on rockycameras for £10 each
And his postage is cheap but his reputation is not the best i have bought several items and where ok but many have bad experience with him personally i always try and examine the pics very well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
If you need one for spares there are 5 om10 on rockycameras for £10 each
And his postage is cheap but his reputation is not the best i have bought several items and where ok but many have bad experience with him personally i always try and examine the pics very well.

Hmmm I wouldn't spend another penny on an OM10...if you must have an Olympus camera then the minimum should be OM20, but better OM1 or OM2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Hmmm I wouldn't spend another penny on an OM10...if you must have an Olympus camera then the minimum should be OM20, but better OM1 or OM2

I agree, while a good camera in their day when anything went wrong the camera was a write off. OM30 and OM40 too. I had 2 OM10's and an OM40 all go kaput on the same day while photographing a wedding in the late 80's. I finished the wedding with a pocket camera that I needed to finish the film in. Thats when I turned to Nikon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
........................ I had 2 OM10's and an OM40 all go kaput on the same day while photographing a wedding in the late 80's. I finished the wedding with a pocket camera that I needed to finish the film in. Thats when I turned to Nikon.

On the same day?? Shocked

Well. Without any word.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before going for buying another OM-10, have a try with some fresh batteries. On my OM-10, although test shown that the battery was not compltely flat, I had my mirror locked up. Replaced the batteries and everything went back to normal.