Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fleabay scraps wildcard seraches
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Fleabay scraps wildcard seraches Reply with quote

Anyone tracking classic lenses on Fleabay have just been kicked in the teeth. Here is a message I got Today

"You're receiving this email because we noticed that you are using a wildcard (search terms with a *) in one or more of your saved searches in My eBay.

Starting on November 5, we will no longer support wildcard searches. We encourage you to revise your saved searches to whole words without the *."

without the wildcard search I would not have seen a Domiron which was described as Domitron, my wildcard search for Meyer Dom* picked it up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fleabay scraps wildcard seraches Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
Starting on November 5, we will no longer support wildcard searches. We encourage you to revise your saved searches to whole words without the *."

I wonder what will happen if you are looking for a Pentax M*, A*, FA* or DA*, will it just ignore the * or actually search for it instead of seeing it as a wildcard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used that but I have used fatfingers