Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz Orestor 135/2.8...Light and leaves
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz Orestor 135/2.8...Light and leaves Reply with quote

I was back under the trees, trying to catch the afternoon light as it filtered through the leaves and branches.I was under there as well as a few persistent mosquitoes!! Mad So these were rather rushed.
I have cropped and post processed to bring out or lessen the light...the light is what I am trying to capture.

#3 There is slightly more light here than #1

#5 A cropped version not from the image below but a separate image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think #2 works and you could probably crop it a bit for more effect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks martin,Why do you think it works more?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think also the #2 is the best from your series. For #1 and #3, even if the light is interesting, I think the background is quite disturbing and the leaves are almost on the outside of the frame! #4 is too busy for me and I don't see any focus point Confused ...#6 could be interesting, I like the color and rendering from the leaves but again, the background is on my eyes not very pleasant!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo

Look at some of your early posts - you have come a very very long way Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the valuable feed back, you have given me some things to think about in what I am trying to accomplish.

I will try and explain what I was after in the above images...

In images #1 and #3 it is all about the light, not so much the background.The leaves on the right were in contrast to the thin twig on the left...both being 'touched' by the light.I know they are not exciting images.I was going for the "less is more" approach... Very Happy Sharpness is one thing I really have to work on when trying to do this.

in #4 I added not for focus as really it's not the best image at all.... but the light in the background...it has that brightness/glow that I really want to learn how to capture in a image.... you know when its light and not pretty Bokeh. Along the bottom of one of the central branches you see two spots of light caught on tree fluff or spiders webs..that was what I was after...but pointing a camera into the sun has the risk of not seeing what you are doing.. Laughing

Rolf has a lovely image that for me captures the light...I think its in the AF section.

Thanks Patrick ,after 2 years and all the lenses you would hope I was getting a little further along the track... Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mo,

#3 is the one i like the most. Although there is no visible ray of light in it (or maybe that is not what your after??), In my opinion the contrast between the leafs and background accomplishes more what you were trying to get, compared to the other ones.

As you said, sharpness can be improved too but in this case is not the main point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I was not after the ray of light just the effect of the light on the leaf.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you mean and what you tried to catch...I also understand that the background was not the main purpose of these series but unfortunately, I think it's always stay a part of the results and in the case of pict #1 & #3, it's disturbing the eyes but again, it's only my humble opinion Wink ..
I have tried with vertical frame, I like it a lot better that way, I hope you don't mind Confused ....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I don't mind and it does look better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going for the #2 as well.
The last cropped has a nice balance/composition between dark/light - best looking.

Regarding #2,
I would use a slightly different angle to get the background dark/darker behind the leaf, like moving the camera few more cm to the right.