Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP500/8 Plus Tamron SP 2x tele convertor for F system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Tamron SP500/8 Plus Tamron SP 2x tele convertor for F system Reply with quote

Tonight's Full moon my first time using this convertor as I could not find my 01F.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a mirror lens?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not bad at all for a mirror lens combo. Is it the older tamron TC?

The weather here is too cold to shot at night, esp the moon and heavy tripod was needed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Tamron SP 500/8 is a mirror lens and the tele-convertor is the old type for Pentax -S =screw mount.
This is my 2nd attempt a little later...I had a bag of porridge sitting on the lens /camera trying to dampen any movement as I don't have a bean bag handy..Laughing..and I had no bags of rice in the cupboard.I also used the self timer...I did some post processing on this bumping the contrast and brightness.
I had the ISO at 100 and the speed was 20 or 30.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These last 2 are without the tele-convertor, but still on a tripod and using the timer. I forgot to mention I use an older Velbon VG-3 aluminum tripod.

cropped from another image

Un-cropped as it is in the camera.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft images. As well as my pics taken this summer with ZM-5CA 500/8 on Sony A55 using M42 adapter.
ISO-100, 1/80, -2EV.
Also tripod + self timer. Also PPed - auto levels and sharpness +20 in LightRoom. I forgot to turn off the built-in stabilizer, although not sure that it could help.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZM-5CA + Sigma tele-convertor x1.4 (for Minolta/Sony mount).

Here in the northern hemisphere we see the moon turned to ~180 deg. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images!
I found the 01F TC last night but the cloud came in...I wanted to compare the TC's to see if there was any improvement on sharpness.As both are SP I assume both should be above average (?).The Pentax K200D automatically turns off the anti shake / stabilizer setting when the timer is activated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, nice ! Very Happy

Here is one shot with the 5D MkII and the Tamron SP 500 F8, handheld at iso 1250, and cropped.
It was at the end of august. Speed was 1/1000.
I was surprised to obtain this IQ.

image uncropped

Last edited by Olivier on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier
Your handheld Moon shot looks better than my tripod held version... Laughing I will try again tonight if the clouds stay away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots of the full moon always look a bit dull because there are no shadows.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shot from last night taken through some cloud with the 01F Convertor and Tamron 55B...except for the dust spots I like this glow effect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
A shot from last night taken through some cloud with the 01F Convertor and Tamron 55B...except for the dust spots I like this glow effect

Halloween is close. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need one of your photo shop witches flying across the moon (I think it was your witch in the "game" thread?.)... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I think we need one of your photo shop witches flying across the moon (I think it was your witch in the "game" thread?.)... Laughing

I took permission to try one edit, hope it doesn't bother you.
If it does just tell me, I will remove it.

I would have liked using a more photorealistic witch, but it looks like not many people takes photos of witch flying on their broomsticks, and shares them for free Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

Laughing
It was Peter's one. Wink

Aanything did it for us. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
Shots of the full moon always look a bit dull because there are no shadows.

+1