Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Paris in B&W / Helios 103
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Paris in B&W / Helios 103 Reply with quote

Today, between 2 duties, I found the time to take some picture with my Helios 103 (to give it a second chance).

Most of the photos (exepted the 2 last) have been taken in only one place : at the extrem end of the Saint-Louis isle ( the smallest of the 2 isles in Paris).

I hope you'll enjoy them

As always, C&C are welcome Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

second chance ? why , excellent lens and you did prove it really. Nice series!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Yessss!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Second chance because first time ( here ), I was not very pleased with color rendering... maybe was because of the daylight.

With B&W photo, problem is solved Razz . Also this time, I took care more about accurate focusing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Attila wrote:

Second chance because first time ( here ), I was not very pleased with color rendering... maybe was because of the daylight.

With B&W photo, problem is solved Razz . Also this time, I took care more about accurate focusing

Laughing excellent lens in color too just give her a third chance Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely series great compositions. the last one is stellar. i was just in paris over the summer...i miss it a lot!
tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do love the last picture!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, especially the first and last. It glows like a Leica (ducks and runs)!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them. My favorite is the last one.

As far as C&C, maybe a little too high contrast? I think for a few of them some of the shadow detail can be brought out a bit more. The last one has a great range of tonality. The one before, i think, lacks the same range. Too much dark and too much light. Leveled out it could be a great pic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as C&C, maybe a little too high contrast? I think for a few of them some of the shadow detail can be brought out a bit more. The last one has a great range of tonality. The one before, i think, lacks the same range. Too much dark and too much light. Leveled out it could be a great pic.

Yes, I think I should work a bit on it, since I know that when I do B&W, I always tend to make contrast quite high (well, it's because I kind of like it, but I should try to find the "right middle").

Thx everyone for your comments Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine series - lens is worth more than a second or third try. Keep it on the camera

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good series! Very enjoyable!

You copy seems to produce some glow... or is it caused by B/W conversion?
The hightlights are looking like from Lucky SHD100

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You copy seems to produce some glow... or is it caused by B/W conversion?

No, that's just PP with B/W conversion (exepted in the first one, which was wide open)