Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

400mm lens and 2x Teleconverters Moon shot Handheld no crop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: 400mm lens and 2x Teleconverters Moon shot Handheld no crop Reply with quote

Well i thought nice moon 0 cloud and very cold and crisp so will get a moon shot with my super scratched 400mm hanimex the russian 2x converter and another 2x converter and after removing blue fringe and sharpening adjusting its not to bad imho for 2 converters and a scratched lens
And i forgot camera in 16:9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tripod is a good investment Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy I have one but i only have a very small space in back Yard where the moon can be seen and tripod would not fit 8-(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with all the challenges and it was handheld a very good effort! We have a full moon in the next day or so....if the weather stays clear I may have a go..inspired by your moon shot. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set it up in the road, there's a good moon shot to had there. It looks like it was only camera shake making that shot blurred.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Lloydy I have one but i only have a very small space in back Yard where the moon can be seen and tripod would not fit 8-(

I do not understand -- the moon moves in an arc across the sky, and varies in elevation month-to-month -- seems like the moon would be more visible some times...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad for setup and handheld but it does look kinda soft.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results for a handheld moonshot.

I wonder how much more detail you can get with two 2x converters, compared to just one (or none?)