Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unitel 1:3.2 f135mm t2 mount on leica r3, see the glow!!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Unitel 1:3.2 f135mm t2 mount on leica r3, see the glow!!!!! Reply with quote

Theres been a lot of talk about this next camera, maybe too much talk, this is not a rebel camera, this is leica bloody leica Smile

I finally got the adapter and a lens to fit the r3 and present the results to you all. As i said in another post (que Oreste ;0 ) i already have the minolta xd7 and wanted to try the r3, TO ME IT FEELS NOTHING LIKE THE XD7!!!, i mean this in the sense of the physical holding of the camera and taking pictures with it, it feels like a brick compared to the minolta. The shots below were taken to test the unitel lens, they were taken without light readings, most at f4 i believe and shutter speeds of 60 - 125. Only one has had pp on it to bring it closer to the actual film colour (the old reliable fujicolor 200). There is a wonderful linear glow in them, i can see why people pay a lot for the camera Wink

To be honest, i have seen some pics on this forum with leica lenses and the last picture above is as good as them!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, man!
I agree with you, the R3 is a brick of a camera. You can feel the quality and confidence when holding it.
You have the same light leak I had in my R4's, fortunately the lightseal is rather easy to replace on them. Just PM me if you want some pointers.
It just goes to show that you don't need leica glass on a leica, you don't even need a leica body... But it helps Smile
Way to suck it to everyone on the last thread!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:
Excellent work, man!
I agree with you, the R3 is a brick of a camera. You can feel the quality and confidence when holding it.
You have the same light leak I had in my R4's, fortunately the lightseal is rather easy to replace on them. Just PM me if you want some pointers.
It just goes to show that you don't need leica glass on a leica, you don't even need a leica body... But it helps Smile

You are a gentleman and a scholar and a fine judge of Irish whiskey Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Nisseliten wrote:
Excellent work, man!

You are a gentleman and a scholar and a fine judge of Irish whiskey Wink

I don't know about a gentleman or a scholar, but I do taste alot of whiskey! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell it fast as you can Smile left this cam to Leica believers, a nothing special behemoth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sell it fast as you can Smile left this cam to Leica believers, a nothing special behemoth.
It is a heavy Bastard Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several images shown indicate there is a light leak problem with the R3 camera, as can be observed by the orange strip of light. The leak is from the window of the film chamber (where you can see if film is inside the camera), a result of foam deterioation and a common problem of R3. I do not see anything special with this camera apart from its lens mount. I would consider Leicaflex SL2 as the only SLR with Leica craftmanship....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nisseliten wrote:

It just goes to show that you don't need leica glass on a leica, you don't even need a leica body... But it helps

erm you could use a Minolta AFAIK Minolta and Leica worked together and it's based on an XE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help me Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
God help me Smile

You have to live with it.
No matter if pics are good and you enjoyed using it: the ghosts of "it could have been a minolta as well", "ok, it works, but Leica lenses..." and "the only leica reflex is the Leicaflex" will follow you as long as you sell the camera Wink .

(I'm only joking and referring to a previous thread, I don't mean to offend anybody)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
God help me Smile

No matter if pics are good and you enjoyed using it: the ghosts of "it could have been a minolta as well", "ok, it works, but Leica lenses..." and "the only leica reflex is the Leicaflex" will follow you as long as you sell the camera Wink .

(I'm only joking and referring to a previous thread, I don't mean to offend anybody)
I guess not everyone can see irony where its intended Wink probably gets lost in translation, if only we all spoke esperanto then people would see what an amazingly humouress guy i am Rolling Eyes Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
maxcastle wrote:
God help me Smile

The only Leica reflex worth having is a Leicaflex, and the SL2 is the best of those. The rest of the 'R' cameras are based on Minolta designs (though refined by Leitz), except the R8 and R9, which I regard as a misstep. I always did like the M5 rangefinder camera but it did not sell as well as they wished.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cambug wrote:
Several images shown indicate there is a light leak problem with the R3 camera, as can be observed by the orange strip of light. The leak is from the window of the film chamber (where you can see if film is inside the camera), a result of foam deterioation and a common problem of R3. I do not see anything special with this camera apart from its lens mount. I would consider Leicaflex SL2 as the only SLR with Leica craftmanship....

You know! You are one of the enlightened!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreste wrote:

The only Leica reflex worth having is a Leicaflex, and the SL2 is the best of those. The rest of the 'R' cameras are based on Minolta designs (though refined by Leitz), except the R8 and R9, which I regard as a misstep. I always did like the M5 rangefinder camera but it did not sell as well as they wished.

You are a leica employee Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the R3 a Minolta XE in different clothing and made in Portugal?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Don't get him started Ian Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Don't get him started Ian Wink

Yes, and some were made in Germany. There were some modifications to the meter and mirror (the prism may be better too; I don't know).