Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best colors when scanning C41 film ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Best colors when scanning C41 film ? Reply with quote

How to do? Some scans give me good colors straight from the scanner sometimes not .Usually I scanned straight to JPG with autocorection an I had good colors .The last time I scanned Kodak color plus (Excalibur's favorite Laughing ) to Tiff without autocorection (it seemed to me the output with autocorect was too vivid): crap colors lots of color cast (magenta).I use the Minolta software Dimage III .Has no specific film profiles like I saw Vuescan has .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't bother much using my V750 as the supermarket's £24,000 Fuji Frontier does a better job for a computer screen, but I use the Epson scan program and sometimes I've come across a neg that's unscannable i.e. I just can't get the colours right even using Photoshop afterwards, i.e. adjust one colour and it alters the others.
But if the Frontier machine has broken down I have to do them myself and find most scans just need a slight correction in Photoshop and also sharpening to put back what is lost in the scan.