Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Pen F Zuiko 38/1.8 on Sony Nex 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Olympus Pen F Zuiko 38/1.8 on Sony Nex 3 Reply with quote

hi guys, this is my first thread.
i just want to share the result from the collaboration of my olympus pen f zuiko 38/1.8 and my sony nex 3. I bought this lens from nice gentlemen "kuuan", mf lenses member.

i took the shoot in indoor and outdoor. all photos just resized only.

here is the photos:

outdoor test:
wide open

stopped down (4 or 5.6)

indoor test (color)
wide open

stopped down (5.6) - (sorry, my hands was trembling - low light)

indoor test (BW-fresh from the camera)
wide open

bokeh test
wide open

CA/PF test - low light

I think this lens has nice bokeh. Not sharp enough at wide open. the sharpness acceptable when stopped down to 4 and 5.6
In wide open, we can see the CA/PF as shown in the last photo.

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sigit,
good to see you using the Pen-F lens and I hope we will see more from you soon!

some wide open shots look quite soft, but I'd say that on the close focused ones center sharpness looks quite good.
I think it has quite strong character, see these stunning samples I had found recently: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50096216

best greetings to Indonesia,
andreas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like bokeh of this lens. Sharpness is not what want with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
Hi Sigit,
good to see you using the Pen-F lens and I hope we will see more from you soon!

some wide open shots look quite soft, but I'd say that on the close focused ones center sharpness looks quite good.
I think it has quite strong character, see these stunning samples I had found recently: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50096216

best greetings to Indonesia,
andreas

yes, this not to sharp wide open. I just saw from your link and it's stunning andreas.

regards Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
I like bokeh of this lens. Sharpness is not what want with it.

yes, i do like the bokeh. sharpness, just stop it down to 2.8 or 4. Bokeh is number one for me Smile