Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina RMC 5.6/400mm and Pentax K-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Tokina RMC 5.6/400mm and Pentax K-5 Reply with quote

With respect to Romans thread today i tried out my copy of this lens (M42) with Pentax K-5. The lens is soft wide open with normally low contrast. It needs a lot of PP to get a good IQ. Not easy to find the focus. From 4 meters to infinity only a half turn, thereof 50 % from 4 to 8 meters and then 50 % from 8 meters to infinity (1/4 turn). Some sample below most wide open or with f/8.

Pentax K-5 with Tokina RMC 5.6/400mm at ISO 800 wide open or f/8

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome results rolf. one is fabulous.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all look good to me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your comments.

The lens produces images with low to very low contrast. For some objects this may be ok, for many it could be a problem. There is much more PP to do to get the above results than with other lenses.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really good results with this lens. As the" MFlenses Mirror Champion" i assume it is your preferred tele weight class, even beeing a classic lens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
The lens produces images with low to very low contrast. For some objects this may be ok, for many it could be a problem. There is much more PP to do to get the above results than with other lenses.

May be, but you managed it very well.
I love the first one!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results look good. First image is beautiful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, at these sizes the photos look great. I know the lens needs quite a bit PP but who cares when the end results are this good. Btw, I have the older non-RMC version of this lens in SR mount. It's useless crap, at least in my hands. Razz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad Rolf, I still have to try my copy Smile