Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RE Topcor 35 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: RE Topcor 35 2.8 Reply with quote

Hello,
I got a chance to get this lens in M42 mount for 30 bucks, is it worthy?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing it's not out of spec, yes.

Not my pics. Check the bee/flower shot @ original size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dull_life/sets/72157626874323771/detail/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're sure it's the RE Auto-Topcor and has been converted properly, as Lightshow indicated, then it's a very good lens and deal. Here are my pictures with the lens: http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/topcor35

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have a comparison with my Flektogon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice comparison to watch very closely. Both very good lenses. Flek 2,4?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's well used.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a Flek 2.4, and i am her second owner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well used and modified by a previous owner. The rubber focus grip differs from the original style and the Bayonet lugs have been removed and a threaded bushing has been fitted. I assume it is M-42. The slots and remnants of the Topcon RE actuator and aperture follower are still there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I think it's kind of ruined... If I wanted to use it on a DSLR or something I'd find an unmolested version. The only reason to touch this one in this condition was if you wanted to use it on an actual M42 camera.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a very good lens which usually cots ( I think ) about 3 times this price in the US, and again abt. 50% higher than that in the EU and Japan where it actually might be most sought after and most expensive.

if it is in good working - optical and mechanical condition it certainly is a great deal!

M42 conversion, if done properly, imo is great for some, e.g. now it also can be used on Pentax dSLR. Even NEX, m4/3 or Canon users more likely already own a M42 adaper than the correct Exakta adapter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering how good it turned out to be?