Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Firmware update for Sony NEX-7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Firmware update for Sony NEX-7 Reply with quote

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NEX-7/downloads/FW_NEX7_V101_WIN (link is for Windows version, there's a Mac version too, of course)

"This utility upgrades the NEX-7 firmware to version 1.01, and provides the following benefits:

Addition of capability to enable or disable the MOVIE button
Addition of exposure settings of bracket shooting (three frames /1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV)
Improvement of response for showing auto review image.
Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens
Improvement of indication when setting “Flexible Spot”."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have updated.

It seems that the camera now can cope better with superwide rangefinder lenses as well!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sony that we can now enable or disable the MOVIE button. It was a real pain before.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thanks Sony that we can now enable or disable the MOVIE button. It was a real pain before.

Wink

Yes and still it would have been even better to make ir programmable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were many other issues on the wish list for a firmware update. Anyway, my top problem was solved.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated too, thanks for the heads-up Gary. I haven't looked at it yet but it was worth updating just to be able to disable the movie button. I just wish there was some way to store all your old settings and apply them again after updating.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

It seems that the camera now can cope better with superwide rangefinder lenses as well!

First tests have shown: slight improvement, but the problem ist not completely gone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I've updated too, thanks for the heads-up Gary.

You are very welcome. Smile