Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC-Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4 (on 5d2?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: SMC-Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4 (on 5d2?) Reply with quote

To make sure, this is the lens I am talking about. Apparently it is stunning. Will I have any mirror issues with this focusing to infinity on a 5d Mark 2? This is a rare lens, so it's hard to find any concrete evidence. I have no Pentax body so this would be an expensive experiment, although I assume I can make my money back (mostly) if I had to.

EDIT: Apologies if this is more appropriate in the DSL bodies forum.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: SMC-Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4 (on 5d2?) Reply with quote

kiss-o-matic wrote:
To make sure, this is the lens I am talking about. Apparently it is stunning. Will I have any mirror issues with this focusing to infinity on a 5d Mark 2? This is a rare lens, so it's hard to find any concrete evidence. I have no Pentax body so this would be an expensive experiment, although I assume I can make my money back (mostly) if I had to.

EDIT: Apologies if this is more appropriate in the DSL bodies forum.

Just quoting your post as no links or images will work in the first post...welcome to the forum.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, cool. Didn't know that. Smile Thanks.

I've been lurking here a bit. Great information. Just now getting into the world of vintage lenses. Not sure how deep I want to go just yet though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I don't think you can fit K-mount lenses to a Canon dSLR easily, and certainly not maintain infinity focus.

The A*85/1.4 is a lovely lens although not easy to get hold of. It will certainly hold its value and you should be able to sell it for what you paid.

K.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I may be wrong but I don't think you can fit K-mount lenses to a Canon dSLR easily, and certainly not maintain infinity focus.

You can fix Pentax K-mount to EOS without problem with a glassless adapter, which reach infiny. ( exemple ) .

But I don't know your lens, maybe it can cause problem with the 5D mirror, if the back part of the lens goes too far inside the body.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers -- might try to grab this one. I have zero experience with modifying lenses at all. I doubt I would shave anything off of that one, and I'm not really into shaving my mirror either. So, maybe I will take one for the team and see if there are any issues. Gotta get it first though.