Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Dynax 7000i mini review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Minolta Dynax 7000i mini review Reply with quote

I got a Minolta 100 AF macro lens 1:1 f2.8 to sell among to my friend, I did grab opportunity and try it with his Minolta 7000i camera.
I did entirely skip years in photography when these advanced AF film cameras made and used by people. So basically it was new to me today. Overall I was impressed about little technical details on camera I wasn't impressed much by AF Sad especially in macro distance pretty useless my hands are not stable as a tripod , so poor AF had to work all time, it was better to turn it off and focus manually. At least I didn't hear continuously I did miss focus Laughing Laughing Film loading is perfect what I like don't need special curved cut for load, I use b&w bulk film and no special curved cut for loading like on factory made rolls. I did shoot one slide and one b&w roll on one trip, pretty much a record to me usually I shoot less. It shows I did enjoy really this camera, little big, little bulky , but handy. It is read DX code if no code use ISO 100 as default. I didn't find how can I set ISO, so I did use exposure compensation. Motorized film advance did work well, just like in small compacts. LCD display is visible perfectly well even on daylight, all buttons are pretty clear to use. Easy to figure out, don't need to read manual. Overall I am impressed, may next cameras what I will try these low respected AF cameras from Nikon, Minolta etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Minolta 500 Autofocus mirror lens, but I didn't have a camera to use it with ! Laughing ( I can't resist a bargain Rolling Eyes ) so I went in search of a cheap Minolta. Again, I was looking for a bargain so I got three camera at the camera fair from a box of "not working cameras" and I think I paid £5 for three cameras. All worked with batteries and a bit of of a fiddle. I got a 500i, a lovely old 7000 ( to match the one Ian gave me ) and a 7000i.
I've used the 7000i a couple of times, and was impressed. Back in the day I was a Canon man and had a Canon EOS600, a great camera and probably competition to the 7000i. I was wrong back then, I should have been a Minolta man. That's a great camera, one that can still hold its head high today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice to hear you do like this camera same than me, any picture taken by you this or another Minolta AF cams ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minolta 7000i was once the most advance camera in its time. Actually any 7 series Minolta always have the most advance and latest features while the 9 series only have the most advance proven feature and is built for professional use.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a 300si from a friend for free. It turned out it didn't work properly but I liked the general feel, I just wished it wasn't all automatic. So I'm thinking of looking for a cheap 7 series Minolta if I can fin one... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Minolta lens on a DSLR body that shorts out batteries. I can get about 10 shots before the battery dies, but I am really impressed with build quality.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta made some amazing cameras in there day, and where ahead of everybody else in the ideas department, thankfully this has been passed down to Sony hence why i shoot Sony
If you want a real nice af cameratake a look at the 600si and 650si they are really nice i discovered them when researching af cams recently
The 100mm macro is one of minoltas greatest lenses i have one and its superb