Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon user buying old/vintage lenses: T2 vs modifed Nikon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Nikon user buying old/vintage lenses: T2 vs modifed Nikon Reply with quote

Hi guys, just want some advice when buying vintage/old slr lenses. Usually a lot of them are m42, exakta, or T2 presets. If I am a Nikon user, I am bound to choose from either T2, or a lens that has been modified from previous user to a Nikon mount, which is kind of rare to find in the used market.

But if you do happen to find one that is modified to Nikon, and along side, another one in pure T2 mount with no modification and it comes along with a Nikon adapter, which would you choose?

Some how I am not very fond of T2 mounts with adapters because when I try to focus occasionally the whole lens tries to unscrew itself out of the adapter. A modified Nikon mount won't have this problem. But then you sacrifice the potential of using or selling the lens to M42/Pentax/Sony Alpha users.

I am stuck in this dilemma Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All else the same, I would choose the T2 mount. The lens is original and hasn't been tampered with, and will fit any of my other cameras with the appropriate adapter.

But of course it depends on the actual lens. I have a Olympus Zuiko 35mm f2.8 modified to Nikon and I'm very happy with it. Of course I wouldn't expect to find a T2 version.

Many of the Zeiss lenses were only made in specific mounts so you wouldnt see them in a T2 version either.

So I think there is more behind the question than you make out.