Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Hiking Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Some Hiking Shots Reply with quote

Finally developed and scanned the last of my hiking shots from the other week. These were all Adox 100, taken with my Pentax KX, using a Quantaray (Tamron) 70-300, Sigma 35-80, or Samyang 18-28. Mostly, I used the Tamron.

These previous three were actually taken around my office, to finish off the roll after the hike.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly like number 6, almost expect neil young to appear! or laura ingalls!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 3, 4 and 5 most. Why don't you upload them a little larger?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, both, for your comments. I enjoy knowing what people like because it validates (or brings into question) my own taste. I admit my favorite is 4.

I upload them that size because I'm too cheap to buy high-speed Internet and instead tether off my cell phone carrier's data connection. Sure it's 3G and all, but it still takes 18 hours to upload a video to YouTube and about 5 minutes to upload 5 megs pf photos to Picasa. So I size them all at 1,000 pixels (maximum dimension) and compress them to 10. That makes grayscale jpegs about 200K and color jpegs about 500K. Anything larger and it would take forever to upload all my photos. Plus, I have like 10,000 photos on my Picasa account hand still haven't broken 4GB.

I once e-mailed 64 camera phone images to myself and it took five days for the e-mail to leave my phone's imbox. Oops. I think my carrier puts the brakes on high-data-volume users' connection speeds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The horizontal pics are large enough but the vertical would benefit a lot from the ~double size.