Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Spotmatic Test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: New Spotmatic Test Reply with quote

I picked up a lot of 'broken' Pentax M42 bodies on eBay for $4 a camera. All five cameras work mechanically, thought one has a minor issue. One of the Spotmatics even has a working light meter. So I'll be keeping it, the SPIIA, and the H3. Here are test shots with the Spotmatic with the working light meter. Film: Kodak Gold 100. Why is it in monochrome? Well, first I'd like to know why the lab returned me a roll that was only magenta. The lens for these images was my Focal 80-200 with Macro helicoil. It's a surprisingly great lens, even though if I dropped it it would fall through the planet until it hit China.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing a bit soft , subjects are nice .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SPii is one of my favourite SLRs. I'm glad you like it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Martin,

Yeah, I may stop using the local Walgreens for developing. This roll was totally shot and every frame was either magenta or green. Very odd. The other roll I had developed at the same time was fine, but it was Fuji and not Kodak and the store has Fuji machines. So I blame either the processing or the lens shake due to the lens' weight, or the conversion from magenta, which required some work since the images came back lacking a LOT of detail.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest shooting some B&W, then they can't get it wrong. Laughing Laughing Laughing