Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Expirment with Superpan 200 and cold Parodinal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Expirment with Superpan 200 and cold Parodinal Reply with quote

An part of an old series I made about 2 years ago. I've just digged them out for another post and thought that I could also post them here.
I don't remember exact temperature or which concentration I used, sorry!

Superpan 200 was my favourite film for a long time, but in fact it's not as easy to handle in exposure and development as most other more common B/W films like TriX, APX100, RPX100 etc.. It works not bad for IR-pics with deep red- or infrared filters btw. (I would clearly prefer it over Rollei Infrared 400 for IR). The film medium is very clear and colorless after fixing, perfect canditate for making B/W slides and I always wanted to try that. Unfortunately potassium dichromate is very hard to get this country.

Lens was modified Minolta MD 50/1.4 and camera was Minolta SRT100 if I remember correctly.
Scanned with Sony A550 DSLR and Minolta MD Macro Rokkor 100/4 + extension tube, using a modified slide projector as backlight source

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another film I have never tried. I like no 2 and no 4. I've tried BW slide reversal but results were always mixed. When it works it's really nice though !