Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quick and dirty lens comparison: short mirrors, c-mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Quick and dirty lens comparison: short mirrors, c-mount Reply with quote

Yesterday I made a quick and dirty comparison of a couple of unusual lenses, some of which I am currently selling on the bay. Although the major lesson learned was that accurate lens testing is quite a challenge and should be done with more care, focussing more precisely, using lens hoods for all lenses and under more even lighting, I thought this may interest some others here. If only for the comparison of image circles, the primary reason I started comparing some of the C mounts. I realise I should redo such a test and I will.

Test conditions: Sony NEX5 on a heavy tripod, iso 200, lenses wide open, focus on the front of the allium flower (but I backfocussed for a number of images - even with zoomed in viewing and peaking)

Minolta RF Rokkor 250mm f/5.6

Celestron mirror 300mm f/5.6

Hanimex mirror 300mm f/5.6

Berolina mirror 250mm f/5.6

Ernitec of Denmark 75mm f/1.3 (Navitar 75/1.4 clone)

Canon FD 85mm f/1.2 asph

Linos Mevis-C 35mm f/1.6

RJM Rheinmetall Jenoptik Tevidon 35mm f/1.9 (the CZJ Tevidon in its latest relatively lightweight metal housing)

Carl Zeiss Jena Tevidon 35mm f/1.9 (first version, heavy metal..) sorry at f/2.8, not f/1.9

Schneider Kreuznach Cinegon 10mm f/1.8 at f/2.8

Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm f/2.0

Cosmicar TV lens 50mm f/1.4

Linos MeVis-C 50mm f/1.8

RJM Tevidon 50mm f/1.8

Kern Macro Switar 26mm f/1.1 f/1.1

Kern Macro Switar 26mm f/1.1 f/1.8

RJM Lametar 28mm f/2.8

I had planned to sell the Kern Macro Switar given the limited image circle for a NEX, but I started playing around with it reversed on my 5DII and now I''m not sure anymore:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that post, thanks for sharing!