Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street shots in Arles - Contax RF & Zeiss Biogon 21mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Street shots in Arles - Contax RF & Zeiss Biogon 21mm Reply with quote

Last week-end I went to Arles (France) in order to discover this city and of course visit the wonderful exhibitions..
I shot various rolls of expired Ilford HP5+, developed with T-max dev, here are some of these shots. C&C welcome!

Last edited by davidbrat on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice david, great lens gives a lot of texture and you used the light very well. did you take in any van gogh attractions?
tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series and interesting developer/film combination. Grainy but good detail and nice tonal range. Lens is stunning and you know how to handle it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Very nice series and interesting developer/film combination. Grainy but good detail and nice tonal range. Lens is stunning and you know how to handle it.

I agree totally with this assessment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

I agree totally with this assessment.

+1. Exellent serie!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sexy series ! Especially No. 3 ! Laughing
A bit oversharpened , IMHO .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your comments. Tony> I didn't had sufficient time to visit the Espace Van Gogh, next time maybe Smile

yinyangbt wrote:
A bit oversharpened , IMHO .

I have to say i didn't made any contrast/clarity/sharpening enhancement at all, I only worked with tone curves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hp5 and t-max make an excellent combination. which dilution did you use? i favor 1+9 ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of them great usage of a stunning lens!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was misleaded by the grain. Stunning results !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the grain is stronger because it's an old HP5+ roll, expired in 2001 and with unknown conditions of storage.

fish4570> I diluted it 1+4, thanks for the advice.