Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is my Minolta XG-2 broken? (XG-7 US/XG-E Japan)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Is my Minolta XG-2 broken? (XG-7 US/XG-E Japan) Reply with quote

So,

A while ago I bought an XG-2 to try it out and see how I like it. I wasn't expecting much, but it was very cheap so I figured I'd give it a shot. Now, I'm in America for a semester of school and mistakingly packed my XG-2 instead of XD-7, which kind of sucks. I'm 100% sure the XG-2 worked, metered and fired just fine back home and maybe even while I'm here (never put a roll through it though).

Now, not having my XD-7 I figured I'd shoot with the XG-2 (untill my XD-7 arrives, which my parents send me). The weird thing is: it doesn't fire and it doesn't meter. And as far as I can tell it isn't turned on. Weird, right? I replaced the batteries but still no sign of life.
When I turn the film advance lever, the curtain doesn't move either (only 2mm and then it falls back).

Anyone who knows whats up? Is it dead? Why so, because I don't think I've done any weird stuff with it...

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does at least the battery test say anything?
The on/of/battery check switch of the XG-2 is a weak point in my experience. Mine broke while changing film. I don't know how to fix.
Good luck