Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiev 4a + Jupiter 8 Kodak Color Plus 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Kiev 4a + Jupiter 8 Kodak Color Plus 200 Reply with quote

Here are some results from some days ago. A little walk in town and a camera wich I discover that provides great fun to use as walkaround.
All shot without meter !!! Cool Kodak color ultra 200

Please click on pictures to see better quality :

Last edited by yinyangbt on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human brain pretty good light meter , seems ! Nice series!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila ! You are right , I was astonished myself when I saw the scans .It was the second film exposed meterless (first was with Fed). I realise how much the new technology helps us , but in the same time asleeps our brain.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed of the good results you have gotten from this film.
I tried one roll and the results were son bad that put it in the film black list Sad

Did you develop the film by yourself?.
Congrats for such nice samples.
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I'm amazed of the good results you have gotten from this film.
I tried one roll and the results were son bad that put it in the film black list Sad

Did you develop the film by yourself?.
Congrats for such nice samples.
Regards.
Jes.

I was in same with Fuji Superia , I made terrible pictures, Excalibur made stunning ones. I think all dependent how film was stored, C41 film rare go to fridge in shops... and you have pretty hot summers we have too. Also matter how C41 process was done. Here I always got unpredictable results even with own precise C41 process, with own process I think film wasn't properly stored.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracias, Jes ! Wink
No, I didn't developed myself. But I developed a beginning of a relationship with the guys wich are operating the only lab in town that still develop film.
So , I asked them to be careful at manipulating , and to clean properly the machine. On the other hand , they had some more to work , tipically , in the summer so the "juices" were renewed accordingly.
Sincerely, I was amazed myself , also. So, it seems that ,for a while , maybe I'll have a honnest lab to work with.At least I hope.
As for the film , indeed , nothing special ,and the 200 ISO isn't tipically more than a compromise .If I'd have to choose , I'd choose 100 or 400 (or even 800 ,for the sake of experimenting) , but It's the cheapest and it's here , at the store. Last but not least , it's expiring in 2014. stored in the store , nothing special shooted in a week after buying.
Let's not forget also the Minolta dimage scanner . I scanned with 4 samples on a frame and saved TIFF
At the end , denoised slightly and sharpened a little for web .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice results, Teo, like them all! Cool

Ummm, could you send me that green Heineken umbrella? Thanks so much! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Teo.

I thought they looked like Kodak Gold.

Have you tried Ferrania film?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a very good copy of the j-8 ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all!
Bill , as soon as the weather won't be so sunny , I could talk with the owner of the pub por that umbrella Laughing
Martin , I am curious about Ferrania ,didn't try it .Where can be found?
Paul, I am really happy about this little Jupiter 8 .I also love the feel of the Kiev 4 . I think I am beginning to love Contaxes ,and that's dangerous !!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good results for eye-brain metering. i hope i will be able to do same thing ... one day Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
very good results for eye-brain metering. i hope i will be able to do same thing ... one day Smile

Actually it's not as difficult as I belived before . Just Sunny16 rule applied with creativity and a little more thinking than just digisnapping Wink Everyone should try this .It's a really another sensation than shooting with an automatic camera . Incomparably funnier , and much more rewarding when we look at the results .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In these days of auto-everything it is good to see that good results like this can be made by using our brains. Nice set.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Paul, I am really happy about this little Jupiter 8 .I also love the feel of the Kiev 4 . I think I am beginning to love Contaxes ,and that's dangerous !!!

I feel the same about mine. I added J12, J9, J11 lenses too. Then I tried a Zeiss Opton Sonnar 4/135 a friend had and that was possibly eve better than my 1957 red P J11 so I too have this dangerous love affair with Contax beginning...