Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vintage Cars, Ricoh AF-80, Fujicolor 800
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Vintage Cars, Ricoh AF-80, Fujicolor 800 Reply with quote

Supermarket dev and scan, cloudy dull day, the BW I shot in the same camera the same day came out much nicer.

The Fuji 800 film seems pretty good though, not as grainy as I expected, colours seem pretty accurate too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are much better results than I ever got with this film, congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bill, maybe dull overcast is what suits this film? Smile

The camera played a part too, it's a really great one - Ricoh AF-80 with a 3.9/30 lens, I found mine for 99p on ebay, see if you can find one, lens is superb imho and the exposure and af systems are both really accurate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours are great, and reminiscent of early 70s films - quite apt considering the subject matter. A wonderful trip down memory lane, Ian. You must have had about six cameras round you neck this day!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i thought they were quite 70s looking colours too..

I went with my dad and his 1958 Rover 105, so I just had a bootful of camera gear. I used my Kiev-II with Jupiter-12 2.8/35 and Jupiter-9 2/85 lenses, my CZJ Werra with Flektogon 2.8/25 and Cardinar 4/100, my Ricoh AF-80, my Konica FT-1 with Hexanon 4/21 and my NEX-3 with Topcor 1.8/58.

Fun day all round really, vintage cameras and vintage bikes. Sadly the Werra rolls were out of focus, rangefinder needs adjusting. A bit like an old bike or car not being the most reliable, same with cameras, but you live with these foibles to enjoy the vintage experience. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look good for a supermarket scan, the fuji 800 is great but not cheap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a random roll of colour film I had, I do see quite a lot of Fuji Press 800 on ebay, usually in 20 roll boxes, it's not that expensive to grab it that way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers Bill, maybe dull overcast is what suits this film? Smile

The camera played a part too, it's a really great one - Ricoh AF-80 with a 3.9/30 lens, I found mine for 99p on ebay, see if you can find one, lens is superb imho and the exposure and af systems are both really accurate.

I'll keep my eye out for one, really like the 30mm FL, too.